TRESemmé’s promises Ramp Ready hair for us all with the new range of hair styling products. I was lucky to receive my sample of their product thanks to the contest that IndiBlogger has come up with.
I loved how this was such a beautifully thought through campaign by IndiBlogger & indeed one of their best campaigns up until now, in my opinion. When I saw the link to the contest, what interested me almost immediately was that it was for TRESemmé & who would not want to try out their products for free? The bigger bonus was blogging about it and winning the prize. I was obliged to blog for them 😉
I was lead to the contest main page, that asked me to apply for a sample & then pick a hairstyle from the awesome Youtube page for TRESemmé that was introduced to me by Diana Penty who even gave me a customized pass (with my picture on it) to virtually enter backstage and figure how the models had their hair TRESemmé Ramp Ready.
The variant I chose was the TRESemmé Salon Silk Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner.
Next I learnt how to get a Salon Style Hair wash with my new TRESemmé shampoo & prepare my hair for a few Ramp Ready Hair Styles.
The hair styles I chose were:
- Twisted Side Bun: which was a pretty bun in my opinion but didn’t go too well with my hair since I sport a haircut with many layers. Still a very formal, wear to work kinda hairstyle for me
- Modified Athena Braid: Since the single braids didn’t even show up in my hair, I used 3 on either side to come up with the Modified Athena Braid, which I think works better for the wavy hair type.
- Do-nut Bun (Mommie Inspired): This is my fave summer hairstyle right now – the bun but not the type that you see everyone sport – the type that makes you hungry, hungry enough to crave or think of a doughnut 🙂 The model there is Mommie Dearest.
My #1 test for every shampoo that I use is that the shampoo should be able to wash off any oil that I may have applied prior to hair wash, especially since I am a champi hair girl atleast once a week or whenever I need my hair looking it’s silky smooth best.
What I Liked:
- Quick to lather
- Lovely fragrance that left my hair smelling like that for atleast 2 days
- Passed my oil test
- Conditioner spreads well
- Conditioner smooths out any knots that might be there before hairwash
- Normal hair-fall while washing
- No frizz
What I Didn’t Like:
- Slightly more expensive that Dove, Pantene
- The product passed the oil test on the second go. Not sure if it was because I didn’t use it the right way or it’s effective only on second use.
Will I Recommend this product?
As it’s very obvious the ‘What I liked’ section in this blog post beats the ‘What I didn’t like’ section so I would definitely recommend this product. This could probably replace my loyalty to Dove or Pantene for which I would not even mind paying a few extra bucks for. In my opinion the extra cost on this product is justified by it’s premium / quality.
Product : TRESemmé Shampoo & Conditioner
Variant: Smooth & Shine
MRP : Rs. 64 each
Vol : 100 ml